Otrivine Allergy Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride which helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing nasal mucus and returning swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
- Do not cut the nozzle. The metered dose spray is ready to prime before use.
- Clear your nose.
- Remove the protective cap.
- Before using it for the first time, prime the pump by actuating 4 times. Once primed the pump will normally remain charged throughout regular daily treatment periods. If the spray is not ejected during the full actuation stroke, or if the product has not been used for longer than 7 days, the pump will need to be re-primed with 4 actuators. Be very careful not to spray in the eyes or mouth.
- Hold the bottle upright with your thumb under the base and nozzle between two fingers.
- Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into the nostril.
- Depress the pump and sniff at the same time.
- Repeat with the other nostril.
- Clean and dry the nozzle before replacing back the cap right after use.
We would suggest that you try not to blow your nose for the first few minutes allowing the medicine to get to work.
Do not use continuously for more than 7 consecutive days. If symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist. To avoid the possible spread of infection, only one person should use each bottle.